EDC, AKA Everyday carry, refers to the collection of items that you carry daily for your everyday needs and to be prepared for unexpected situations. Your EDC collection should be tailored to your lifestyle and requirements so you have the right tools whenever you need them. Here’s a basic rundown of the essentials of EDC and a step-by-step guide to help you kickstart your EDC collection.
Understand Your Needs
Consider your work environment, hobbies, and personal preferences to determine what items you need regularly. For example, you might need a cardholder to hold your ID to tap into your workplace.
Or think about the emergencies or unexpected situations you might encounter and select items that could help you solve them, such as needing a blade to cut into boxes.
Start with the Basics
1. Wallet: A slim, durable wallet that can hold your essential cards and cash.
2. Multitool: Choose a multitool with essential tools like a knife, screwdriver, bottle opener, and pliers. Opt for a compact and high-quality option.
3. Keychain: A keychain with a keyring to keep your keys organized and easily accessible.
4. Flashlight: A small, powerful flashlight with adjustable brightness and long battery life for various lighting needs.
5. Pen: Carry a reliable pen for jotting down notes or signing documents on the go.
Safety & Emergencies
1. First Aid Kit: Keep a compact first-aid kit with bandages, antiseptic wipes, pain relievers, and necessary medications.
2. Self-defense Tool: Depending on your comfort level, consider carrying a pepper spray, personal alarm, or a small self-defense keychain.
3. Whistle: An emergency whistle can help attract attention during emergencies.
You need a reliable pouch to organize it in one place.
1. Smartphone: Your smartphone is already a part of your daily carry, but ensure it has essential apps, contacts, and a backup power source.
2. Portable Charger: Carry a portable charger or power bank to charge your devices throughout the day.
3. Earphones: Choose a pair of compact, reliable earphones for hands-free communication or entertainment.
Get a bag that lets you carry your tech comfortably in style.
Take into consideration of your daily needs, potential emergencies, and personal style when it comes to building an effective EDC collection. Start with the basics and gradually expand your collection to create an EDC setup that is both practical and personalized. Remember, EDC is a continuous process, and as your needs change, you can adapt and refine your collection accordingly.
Before you go, look at our variety of bags, pouches, and tech cases to kickstart your EDC collection here.